Monday, April 19, 2010

let me eat cake


the closer i get to graduating, the more i begin to freak out. becoming an adult scares me more than most. maybe i'm immature, but i just value seeing life through the eyes of a child. things are exciting and happiness is measured in moments and days and not goals, deadlines and lifetimes. i am a firm believer that happiness comes from within, but the more you have to worry about, the easier it is to forget that. these days i'm a brat, stomping my feet, not accepting the reality of time passing. you can never be a child, but you can remember what it was like to see everyday as a a blessing, as an adventure. this is me and my cake, on my first birthday. i hope that a simple cake will bring me joy for the next 100 years like it did for that first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment